Most Paramus NJ and surrounding area homeowners have a typical traditional thermostat for their heating and air conditioning. It lets you adjust the temperature, but that’s all that it really does. In recent years, breakthroughs in digital technology have led to a better alternative: programmable thermostats. These digital thermostats allow you to create multiple settings, adjusting the temperature at certain times of day. They’re more versatile than their traditional counterparts, and their scheduling functions can actually help you save money by making your home more energy efficient.
To find out more about installing a digital thermostat for your air conditioning in Paramus, call us today at 2Plumbers. By adjusting your air conditioning in Paramus when you’re not home, you can avoid keeping the A/C on full blast all the time, without having to worry about remembering to turn it down.
Digital Air Condition Thermostat Options
You can gain more control over your air conditioning settings with several different types of programmable a/c thermostats. There are a wide variety of Energy Star rated models available from a variety of top air conditioning brands, including American Standard, Airease, and Aprilaire.
- 7-Day Thermostats. This type of programmable thermostat is useful for people with fluid schedules, who aren’t always out of the house at the same times each day. You can set a different schedule for each day of the week. You can usually set several “temperature periods” for each day.
- 5+2 Day Thermostats. These are well-suited for people who are at work or school at the same time from Monday to Friday. You can set your air conditioning thermostat to adjust itself automatically while no one’s at home, without worrying about it automatically turning itself down on the weekends.
- 5+1+1 Day Thermostats. If your Saturday and Sunday schedules differ, this model might work better for you than a 5+2 day model.
Why Install a Digital Thermostat?
Installing a digital thermostat is generally worth it. It can lead to significant cost savings over time, minimizing energy usage when you’re not using your A/C. Who has time to remember to adjust the thermostat every time they leave the house? With a programmable model, you won’t have to. Some of the major benefits include:
- Convenience. Once you set your programmable thermostat, you won’t have to worry about it again. You can even set it to start cooling your home before you get back from work, so you won’t have to come home to an uncomfortably warm house.
- Cost savings. If you leave your heat and air conditioning running while you’re not at home, you’re essentially wasting money. Installing a programmable thermostat is an easy way to make a dent in your monthly utility bills. Over time, you’ll be surprised at how much money you’re saving.
- Environmental friendliness. Many older thermostats use mercury to measure the temperature. When they eventually wear out and need to be replaced, the mercury ends up in landfills, where it can leach into water supplies and become a pollutant. Newer digital thermostats are designed to be as eco-friendly as possible.
A programmable thermostat can be a great investment for busy Paramus homeowners, allowing you to easily set your air conditioning to adjust itself automatically. To find out more about programmable a/c thermostat installation, give us a call at 2Plumbers, at 201-765-0466.