Leaking faucets can lead to sleepless nights, irritable mornings and everyday annoyance, not to mention that you are wasting water through those frequent little drops of water.
Fixing a leaky faucet can range from as simple as replacing the faucet head or calling a professional NJ plumbing service to check out the pipes connecting the faucet to the water source.
Here are the top 6 most common reasons why your faucet at home leaks.
• Cracks. A cracked faucet is one of the most common reasons why your faucet is dripping. The water seeps into the cracks that can be caused by a heavy force or natural calamities, which may cause the pipes to crack. Extreme temperatures can also sometimes crack pipes and faucets.
• Corrosion. A corroded pipe or faucet weakens over time and this may lead to a leaking faucet that will eventually call for a replacement of the corroded areas.
• Pipe joints. Damaged pipe joints, whether made from PVC or steel, is also a leading cause of leaking faucets. A protruding metal piece or an eroded joint can lead to this plumbing issue.
• Too much pressure. When water comes in too strong, which can be sometimes caused by a faulty pressure pump, this strong force can damage the faucet, aerator or even the PVC pipes lining your faucet.
• Loose fixture. A loose faucet head or a head that is routinely switched off too tightly, can lose the tension in its washer and come off loose. Just replace the faucet head if this happens.
• Rust. Rusting of metal and steel is one of the reasons why some people choose PVC pipes. A rusted system weakens the links and eventually causes leaks.
If you live in NJ and have a leaky pipe, give us a call and we will send one of our professional plumbers to help you.
We offer same plumbing service in New Jersey for all types of plumbing problems.
Call us at 201-645-0888 for immediate plumbing service in New Jersey.
Have a blessed day