When it comes to the plumbing in your Chester Township, New Jersey home, there are a number of things that can go wrong. Plumbing problems range in severity from drippy faucets to burst pipes with catastrophic flooding, but even minor issues should be looked at by an experienced professional. Although correct routine maintenance is one of the best ways to prevent NJ plumbing problems from occurring, it can still happen from time to time. If you’re having issues with your pipes, faucets, water heater, and other home plumbing, give us a call today at 2Plumbers for fast, effective plumbing repair in Chester Township.
Common Plumbing Problems
These five problems are some of the most common issues that local homeowners experience.
- Leaky taps and pipes near fixtures. A leaky tap or pipe might seem like a fairly benign problem, but over time, it can have some decidedly serious repurcussions. One of the biggest issues is your water bill. When something’s dripping or leaking, a surprisingly large amount of water is wasted away over time, driving up your household water bills. The water itself can also pool in your cabinets or on your floors, causing damage to wood, tile, and other materials. This problem usually requires a professional NJ plumber to stop by for plumbing repairs, which will usually involve replacing worn-out washers.
- Hidden pipe leaks. Hidden leaks in your plumbing are an insidious problem, and can easily go unnoticed until they’ve already caused significant damage. If a pipe concealed in your wall or ceiling springs a leak, you may begin to notice discoloration, peeling paint or wallpaper, musty smells, or mold and mildew growth. Leaking water can be incredibly damaging to your walls, floors, and ceilings, potentially requiring costly repairs. If you suspect a plumbing leak, it’s important to call for immediate plumbing repairs to prevent any further damage.
- Clogged drains. Bathroom and kitchen drains are prone to clogging, usually from any of a variety of materials. Organics like grease, hair, and food debris are common sources of clogs, as are things like flushed paper towels and foreign objects. Although homeowners can sometimes clear a minor clog on their own, it’s sometimes wise to call a professional for plumbing repairs. Professional plumbers are equipped with better equipment and more skill at working with plumbing, and can often clear out a stubborn clog that isn’t responding to DIY methods like using drain cleaner.
- Sewer main line backups. Like the pipes inside your home, the sewer main on your Chester Township property can develop clogs and obstructions, causing water to back up into your toilets, sinks, and drains. Sewer main clogs can occur from organic matter, foreign objects, and very commonly, the growth of large tree roots around the sewer pipe.
- Malfunctioning water heaters. We all depend on water heaters for a reliable supply of hot water for showers, washing dishes, and more. Water heaters can easily develop any of a number of problems, including loose connections or broken parts, that require professional repairs. If a broken water heater is more than fifteen years old, it probably needs to be replaced completely.
If you’re experiencing a backed-up sewer main, leaking pipes, or other plumbing problems, call us today at 2Plumbers, at 201-765-0466. We have staff on call 24/7 for fast, reliable emergency plumbing repair in Chester Township.